Our study investigating a rare case of Ebola relapse has been published in the New England Journal of Medicine. Together with our colleagues at INDR in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, and several other institutions, we investigated a case of a vaccinated man who had already been sick with Ebola fell ill with the virus once again. We show that the second bout of disease – which was unfortunately fatal and led to a reignition of the Nord Kivu epidemic – was the result of a rare Ebola relapse.
- Jyothi Purushotham and Holly Lutz recognized for career accomplishments October 11, 2022
- Scripps Research receives $2.5M CDC contract for SARS-CoV-2 surveillance program October 10, 2022
- WARN-ID Genomic Epidemiology Training Lays Groundwork for Future Research October 3, 2022
- Lassa virus ecology study out in Nature Comms October 3, 2022
- SARS-CoV-2 studies from the Middle East out in Nature Comms September 3, 2022